Saturday, August 30, 2008

McCabe and ????? to Florida for Van Ryn and Zednik?

So this is it according to Sportsnet Tuesday is the imfamous trade day for Bryan McCabe and from what I have heard it will indeed be Van Ryn and Zednik.

So all I want to ask is this! Is it a good trade for the Leafs?

In my opinion yes Zednik will be a good 2nd or 3rd liner on this team and could play well with a guy like Hagman. Also I think that bringing in Van Ryn and maybe putting him with Coliacovo would be a good mix. So like I said what do you guys think?

The Source

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard to say... I have mixed fillings about this trade if indeed it is

McCabe + Pony (rumored)
for
Van Ryn + Zednik

I won't lie, but I'm not big fun of Zednik, he is in the same league as Nagy, Samsonov...etc, players with tons of skill, but not existent for most of the games/season...basically floaters.
I would rather get pick(s), the problem is that Martin needs to dump some salary too. So at the end it is exchange of unwanted pieces by both teams.

Hmm... Beside don't we already have like 10 D-man under the contract, so why trade D for D, it just doesn't make sense...

Kubina-Kaba
Finger-Cola
Stralman-Foger
--------------
White
Kronwal

Where do we fit Van Ryn? I rather seen Cola/White play more....
Is the subsequent trade in the works for Cola/White?

I rather see something like:

McCabe
for
2nd

Anyways that is just my $0.05legia

The Source said...

Hey I agree but whatever senile Fletcher is thinking is beyond me.