Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Maple Leafs Sign Gustavsson?

So I have been talking to Pierre McGuire and Steve Simmons this morning who have both told me the Leafs are expected to announce the signing of Jonas Gustavsson on or before the draft this weekend.

McGuire said that we are looking at a 3 year deal worth $950,000 a year +bonuses. But he wasn't a 100% because the Maple Leafs have a policy in which they don't state publicly what a player is making. He said if he had to put a time stamp on it Wed or Thursday are the days he would think are most likely to be announcement day.

Lets keep our fingers crossed

The Source

4 comments:

mydnyte said...

he can only sign a 1 year entry level deal according to reports (because of his age/status)

The Source said...

That's what I figured! It just bothers me that once again I am putting on my blog that he is signing and I really hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

mydnyte said...

I just hope he signs ...the term doesnt matter

RAD999 said...

Whats going on with the monster ???