Friday, November 28, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Maple Leafs call 2pm presser for Saturday


Ok so its not exactly breaking news but yes it is official Brian Burke will be named GM and President of the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. He has 6 year $18,000,000 contract in his hand and he will be looking for full autonomy over all preceidings that have to do with Toronto Maple Leafs.

I spoke with Interim GM Cliff Fletcher today over the phone and he told me "I'm excited for the Leafs, he is someone who will move the organization in the right direction and I'm glad I got a 6 month head start on the process"

I really enjoyed all the moves Fletch has made thus far and I hope that he can stay on as some sort of consultant. As well as Burke coming into the organization look for Dave Nonis to be named Asst, GM in the coming days.

The Source

No comments: