Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Antropov Trade Today!

My source has confirmed that Nik Antropov will be gone in the next 2 weeks it won't be today. He says the teams really pushing for him are Calgary and Boston at this point.

The Leafs want Mike Cammelari from Calgary and Milan Lucic from Boston, I think Camel could be had but I don't see the Bruins giving up Lucic.

(The Sources take: I think Cammelari will be a Leaf this summer anyways so why not make the trade, as for Lucic it would be great to have him but I think the Leafs would have to give something more than just Antropov to get him)

The Source

4 comments:

Unknown said...

if cammi was going to be a leaf in the summer, it would be foolish to trade for him ...waste of an asset

The Source said...

I absolutely agree with you! But if he were to be had for Antropov and signed an extension right away it wouldn't be so bad.

I think we would get more than just Camel if we traded Antropov to Calgary.

Unknown said...

Not a chance!!!!

1. No way Calgary trades Cammalleri straight up for Antropov. That would be mental. Both UFA's at the end of this year...Cammalleri currently tied for sixth in the league in goals and all round a better player. Why would Calgary make this deal with playoff aspirations and looking to improve their team?

2. Antropov for Lucic is not going to happen either, not a chance. Lucic is only 20 and he's already a punishing winger with a huge upside.

I sound like I'm bashing Antropov, I think he has value but I think us Leaf fans should be ecstatic if Burke can get a mid-level prospect and a late first round or second round pick.

Should be an interesting trade deadline!

The Source said...

As I said I agree I also think Camel becomes a Leaf anyways this summer.

As for Lucic I would never think we could pry him out of Boston.