Thursday, February 26, 2009

Leafs win in SO, Rumors

Great game by the Leafs tonight winning in a SO 2-1.

Rumors galore tonight I have spoke to someone close to the Kaberle situation and he has confirmed to me that Burke has received a very significant offer for the services of his veteran defenseman. I truly believe despite what Burke says someone will overpay for Tomas and I feel it would be a mistake for the Leafs not to move him during this rebuild.

I also have it on very good authority that it was the Colorado Avalanche that offered the Leafs the lottery pick for Luke Schenn.

In other news Nik Antropov's name has come up in Pittsburgh and Boston, apparently Burke wants Krecji from Boston or Staal from Pittsburgh in any deal for Antropov a little steep to me.

Jason Blake could be on his way to Minnesota for Niklas Backstrom if the Wild can't sign him to a contract by next Wednesday. (I feel this trade may be full of you know what)

Finally Alex Ponikarovsky and Matt Stajan have been getting significant interest from teams Anaheim and Vancouver are apparently 2 of the teams that may have need for them.

The Source

No comments: