Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trade Rumors

I've been on the phone all morning trying to get leads for you, I have a huge rumor that the Leafs will be sending Nik Antropov to Pittsburgh for a prospect and 2 picks.

I have nothing on Dominic Moore yet although I do believe Edmonton has serious interest.

UPDATE: Toronto Maple Leafs have claimed G Martin Gerber of re-entry waivers as well D Eric Reitz.


UPDATE: Vesa Toskala has been placed on IR and will be done for the rest of the season.


UPDATE: Antropov to Nashville is very close I'm hearing a pick and a player. Nix that..Antropov is a Ranger, for a second round pick and a conditional pick. (expecting more)

UPDATE: Dominic Moore has been traded in a three way deal, waiting for details. UPDATE on this trade Moore has been traded to the Sabres for an 2nd rounder.

UPDATE: Yes its late I'm sorry, but in a final move for the Maple Leafs they have acquired soon to be retired Olaf Kolzig, D Jamie Heward, and prospect Andy Rogers and a 4th round pick.

The Source's take: All in all a solid day for the Buds Burke did what he said and stock piled some 2nd rounders, a conditional pick and a 4th rounder. I still think he could have gotten more for Antropov but its to late for that now. Look for the Leafs to be busy during the off season with UFA signings and trades as well.

The Source

No comments: