Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Maple Leafs Need Center! There are choices but who is mine?


You know I've been watching the Leafs since I was old enough to watch TV (about 1986) and I've seen the Wendel Clarks and Doug Gilmours and Rick Vaives come and go and now I've watched Mats Sundin vanish in the wind.

So now I ask where is this teams #1 center I think many will agree that the crop of players we have now filling that position don't fit the bill of a Sundin or Gilmour so who does?

Lets look at who the Leafs could get if they put the right package together.

C Patrick Marleau: Despite what GM Doug Wilson says this guy is willing to trade the Sharks Captain.

C Patrick O'Sullivan: Now there were rumors that he was being shopped and still could be at this moment.

C Anson Carter: NOT a #1 center but he may be what the Leafs are looking for and Anson definitely needs a change of scenery.

C Jeff Halpern: Also not a #1 but a guy but he has grit and more exp then most of the players on our team.

Now if I were the Leafs who would I pick to start the season as #1 center if none of these guys can be had F Mark Bell. I know you guys think I have some kind of crush on the kid BUT he is good and will return to form this season as the power forward that we 1st saw in Chicago mark my words.

While Mark is no where near that 25 goal performance he had in his first 2 years in the league he has been through a lot and can really make a difference on this team. I think he would be a great choice its not all about scoring goals its about passion for the game and I don't think you will find anyone on the Leafs roster who loves the game more than Mark Bell.

The Source

No comments: