Friday, September 5, 2008

Maple Leafs To Move Another Dman?


According to an email I got from a source tonight the Maple Leafs could be looking to move another defenceman.

The source went on to say that if there were to be another move however it may not take place until after training camp as Fletcher would like to see the chemistry of his team before making a rash decisions.

I have completed a list of Dmen that I feel at this point are expendable to the Maple Leafs.

1.) Ian White (Has never really been anything more than a #6 or 7 defenceman)

2.) Carlo Coliacovo (While I love the guy he has never had a healthy season, I feel that there are D on this team who can fill his shoes and stay healthy)

3.) Niklas Kronwall (Career AHL'er enough said)

4.) Tomas Kaberle (Ok a lot of you will jump the gun on this quickly but listen to what I have to say. 1st this guy will garner a huge return from any team that he could be traded to. Last year he nixed a trade that would have seen Jeff Carter and a 1st round pick come to the Leafs I think he is easily worth a young promising forward and a bluechip Dman thats why he is on my list)

Anyways this is my list I doubt Kaberle gets traded unless that Leafs are out of the playoff race come February then maybe I could see it. Also Kaberle has a clause like Kubina that if the Leafs miss the playoffs this year his NTC becomes void for a certain amount of time.

The Source.

2 comments:

mydnyte said...

We have the other Kronwall ...Niklas is the Red Wing

The Source said...

OH YEAH!! Sorry my bad!